Yahweh Is Close To The Broken Hearted

 

Yahweh Is Close To The Broken Hearted


Most of my posted studies here on Called & Chosen are done for me. 
So I figure If I need this someone else may too. Like this one today:
We read in scripture that, Yahweh is close to the broken hearted. 
How can you tel Yahweh is close? 
What does that mean?

Here is a song I made to go along with this bible study. I hope you like it 

(CLICK HERE)

“Yahweh is near unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” — Psalm 34:18

But when you are actually brokenhearted, the natural question is: If Yahweh is close, how can I tell? What does “close” even mean when I cannot see or touch Him?

“Close” does not necessarily mean you will feel Him

Psalm 34:18 doesn't promise that a brokenhearted person will suddenly feel happy, peaceful, or spiritually uplifted. Sometimes grief is so heavy that you may feel more alone than you ever have before.

Yahweh being “near” means that He has not withdrawn from you. He sees what is happening inside you, hears you, cares about your suffering, and is attentive to you.

Psalm 56:8 gives a beautiful picture:

“Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?”

In other words: your tears are not unnoticed.

So how can you tell He is close?

Sometimes you can't tell by your emotions. You know it because He has said so.

That distinction is important.

There may be a morning when you wake up lonely and think, “Yahweh, where are You? I don't feel You anywhere.”That feeling is real—but it doesn't prove that He is absent.

David experienced exactly that kind of anguish:

“How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?” — Psalm 13:1

Yet David continued talking to Yahweh. His inability to feel Yahweh's presence wasn't evidence that Yahweh had abandoned him.

There is another meaning to “near”

When your heart is broken, many things that once seemed important suddenly don't matter very much. Grief strips life down to what really matters.

And sometimes that is when a person's conversations with Yahweh become the most genuine.

You don't need an impressive prayer. You can simply say:

“Yahweh, I hurt. I am lonely. I don't understand why I have to go through this. I can't see You or feel You right now, but You said You are near to the brokenhearted. I'm trusting what You said.”

That itself is faith.

Hebrews 13:5 says:

“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

And Isaiah 66:2 says Yahweh looks especially toward the person who is “poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.”

So being brokenhearted doesn't put you farther away from Yahweh. Scripture describes almost the opposite: He gives particular attention to the crushed and hurting person.

And there is something else I think Psalm 34:18 is telling us. It doesn't say Yahweh is merely aware of the brokenhearted.

It says He is near.

You may sit in a quiet house and feel that nobody understands the depth of what is inside you. According to that promise, however, you are not sitting there unnoticed. Yahweh knows the thoughts you haven't told anyone, sees the tears nobody else sees, and hears prayers that may consist of little more than “Help me.”

You don't have to feel His nearness for His promise to be true.

Sometimes faith is simply saying: “I cannot feel You right now, Yahweh—but I believe You when You say You are near.”

And the biblical hope for a broken heart ultimately goes beyond merely enduring grief. Scripture points toward a day when separation itself will be undone through resurrection. That is why Paul could describe believers grieving, but “not… as others which have no hope” (1 Thessalonians 4:13).

—————————

What Scripture says Yahweh actually does for a brokenhearted person while they are grieving, and how you might recognize His help even when it doesn't feel miraculous.

There are several ways Scripture describes Yahweh helping a brokenhearted person, and many of them are very quiet. We can miss them because we may be waiting for a dramatic feeling or unmistakable sign.

1. Yahweh listens when all you can do is cry

Psalm 6:8–9 says:

“Yahweh hath heard the voice of my weeping. Yahweh hath heard my supplication; Yahweh will receive my prayer.”

Notice David speaks of the “voice of my weeping.” Sometimes tears themselves express what you cannot put into words.

You don't have to find the right words for Yahweh.

Romans 8:26 describes times when our distress is so deep that we don't even know what to pray for. Yahweh understands what is happening inside us.

2. He gives enough strength for another day

Yahweh's help doesn't always mean removing the thing causing the pain.

Sometimes His help is simply giving you enough strength to get through today.

Isaiah 40:29 says:

“He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.”

You may look back after an especially difficult week and wonder, “How did I even make it through that?”

That quiet endurance can itself be one way Yahweh is sustaining you.

3. He can give peace even though the circumstances haven't changed

Philippians 4:6–7 describes bringing our troubles to Yahweh in prayer and then speaks of:

“the peace of God, which passeth all understanding…”

That doesn't necessarily mean grief disappears.

You can hurt and have peace at the same time.

The pain says, “I miss the people I love.”

Faith says, “This separation isn't forever.”

Those aren't contradictions.

4. He reminds you that death does not get the final word

This is especially important when grief comes from losing someone.

Paul didn't tell grieving believers simply to stop grieving. He gave them a reason to have hope while grieving:

“But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.” — 1 Thessalonians 4:13

Then he describes the resurrection:

“And the dead in Christ shall rise first.” — 1 Thessalonians 4:16

The biblical answer to grief isn't pretending the loss doesn't hurt.

It is knowing that the grave isn't the end of the story.

5. Yahweh sometimes helps through other people

This is easy to overlook.

A telephone call at the right time. Someone sitting with you. A person who listens without trying to fix everything. Someone bringing food. A stranger saying something unexpectedly encouraging.

Scripture repeatedly shows Yahweh working through people.

Paul wrote:

“God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus.” — 2 Corinthians 7:6

Notice what happened.

Paul needed comfort.

Yahweh comforted him.

How?

Titus showed up.

So don't assume Yahweh's help must be supernatural in appearance before it counts as His provision.

6. His Word can speak differently when your heart is broken

A verse you have read fifty times can suddenly mean something much deeper when you actually need it.

Psalm 119:50 says:

“This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.”

That's another way you may recognize Yahweh's nearness.

You read:

“Yahweh is near unto them that are of a broken heart.”

And suddenly you realize:

He's talking about me.

7. Sometimes you won't recognize His help at all

This may be the most important point.

There may be days when you pray and nothing seems to happen.

No special feeling.

No answer you can identify.

No sudden peace.

Just another difficult day.

That doesn't mean Yahweh wasn't there.

Yeshua himself cried:

“My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” — Matthew 27:46

Those words came from Psalm 22. That Psalm begins in anguish but ultimately moves toward confidence in Yahweh.

So Scripture doesn't condemn someone for asking:

“Yahweh, where are You?”

That can itself be a prayer.

Something you can do when the loneliness becomes especially heavy

Don't try to manufacture a spiritual feeling.

Find somewhere quiet and simply talk to Yahweh as though He really is listening.

You might say something as simple as:

“Yahweh, You said You are near to the brokenhearted. My heart is broken. So I am asking You to be near me now. I don't need to understand everything. Give me enough strength for today. Help me trust Your promises when my feelings tell me I am alone. And keep the hope of the resurrection alive in me. Amen.”

Then you don't have to wait for a sensation proving that He heard you.

You can get up knowing:

“I asked. He heard.”

Because Scripture says:

“The righteous cry, and Yahweh heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.” — Psalm 34:17

And immediately after it comes the promise you originally asked about:

“Yahweh is near unto them that are of a broken heart.” — Psalm 34:18

Those two verses belong together.

You cry.
Yahweh hears.
Your heart breaks.
Yahweh draws near.

And sometimes the greatest evidence of His nearness isn't that the pain suddenly disappears.

It is that somehow, despite the pain, you are still going—and still hoping.

Here is a song I made to go along with this bible study. 

(CLICK HERE)


Yahweh Is Close To The Broken Hearted




No comments:

Post a Comment

CONVICTION

  Question:   Why is it when you won't compromise your beliefs and agree that it is ok to break Yahweh's law the default of people i...