YAHWEH IS NEAR (click here for song)
A song of grief, faith, and resurrection hope
I woke again to a quiet room,
Another morning came too soon.
The ones I love are not here with me,
And all I have are memories.
I whisper, “Yahweh, where are You?
I cannot feel You like I want to.”
Then through the silence comes Your Word:
A promise I have read and heard.
You never said I wouldn't cry,
You never said I wouldn't ask You why.
You only asked me to believe
That even when I cannot see—
Yahweh is near to the brokenhearted,
Near when the tears begin to fall.
Near when the house is still and empty,
Near when I barely pray at all.
I may not feel You, but I believe You,
Your promises are stronger than my fear.
My heart is broken, but I'm still hoping—
Yahweh, You said that You are near.
You count my wandering, know my pain,
You see every tear that falls like rain.
Not one is hidden from Your sight,
Not one is lost in the lonely night.
When I have no words left to pray,
You know what my tears are trying to say.
When all I whisper is, “Help me through,”
I know that prayer is heard by You.
You never promised pain would leave
The moment I fell to my knees.
Sometimes Your answer is the strength
To rise and face another day.
Yahweh is near to the brokenhearted,
Near when the tears begin to fall.
Near when the house is still and empty,
Near when I barely pray at all.
I may not feel You, but I believe You,
Your promises are stronger than my fear.
My heart is broken, but I'm still hoping—
Yahweh, You said that You are near.
Sometimes Your comfort comes quietly,
Through someone sitting here with me.
A telephone call, a gentle word,
A reminder that my cry was heard.
Sometimes a verse I've always known
Suddenly speaks as if it's mine alone:
“Yahweh is near to the broken heart.”
And something stirs within the dark.
Not happiness that makes grief disappear,
But quiet strength to face another year.
A little peace in the midst of pain,
A reason to get up again.
I can hurt and still have peace.
I can grieve and still believe.
I can miss the ones I love
And know the grave is not the end.
They are sleeping; they will rise.
There will come a promised time
When death will lose its hold forever
And Yahweh will reunite us again.
So when my feelings tell me,
“You're sitting here alone,”
I'll answer with the promise
That Yahweh made His own:
“I will never leave you.
I will never forsake.”
So even with a broken heart,
I will trust Him while I wait.
Yahweh is near to the brokenhearted,
Near when the tears begin to fall.
Near when the house is still and empty,
Near when I barely pray at all.
I may not feel You, but I believe You,
Your promises are stronger than my fear.
My heart is broken, but I'm still hoping—
Yahweh, You said that You are near.
One day the silence will be broken.
One day the graves will hear the call.
One day the ones who now are sleeping
Will awaken—one and all.
The dead shall rise!
The tears will turn to joy!
The arms that ache to hold them
Will embrace them once again.
So I will sorrow,
But not without hope.
I will keep walking
This long and lonely road.
For every setting sun means
I'm one day closer still
To that great resurrection morning
When Your promise is fulfilled.
Yahweh is near to the brokenhearted,
Near through every lonely year.
He sees the tears nobody else sees,
He hears the prayers nobody hears.
Though I cannot see You, I believe You.
Though I cannot feel You, I know You're here.
The grave is not the end of our story—
Resurrection morning is drawing near.
Yahweh is near…
Yahweh is near…
My heart is broken,
But Yahweh is near.
You cry…
Yahweh hears.
Your heart breaks…
Yahweh draws near.
And if today
All I can do
Is keep going
And keep hoping…
Then maybe that itself
Is evidence
That You are carrying me through.
“Yahweh is near unto them that are of a broken heart.”
— Psalm 34:18
YAHWEH IS NEAR (click here for song)
No comments:
Post a Comment