YAHWEH’S DAILY TO-DO LIST
Life can become crowded with duties, worries, disappointments, and plans. We often begin the day thinking about everything we must accomplish. But Scripture gives us a more important list—a spiritual “to-do list” that keeps our hearts centered on Yahweh.
These seven practices will not remove every trial, but they will help us face each day with faith, peace, wisdom, and love.
1. WAIT PATIENTLY FOR YAHWEH
Psalm 27:14
“Wait on Yahweh: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on Yahweh.”
Waiting does not mean doing nothing. It means remaining faithful while trusting Yahweh’s timing.
We often want immediate answers. We want the problem solved, the door opened, the relationship restored, or the pain removed. But Yahweh sees what we cannot see. Sometimes He makes us wait because He is preparing circumstances—or preparing us—for what lies ahead.
Isaiah 40:31
“But they that wait upon Yahweh shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles.”
While we are waiting, Yahweh is working. He uses seasons of waiting to strengthen our faith, develop patience, and teach us to depend upon Him.
Daily reminder: I will not run ahead of Yahweh. I will trust His timing.
2. WALK BY FAITH
2 Corinthians 5:7
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
Faith means trusting Yahweh even when we cannot see how everything will work out.
What we see may frighten or discourage us. Circumstances may appear hopeless, but our physical sight does not reveal the whole story. Yahweh sees the beginning, the end, and every step in between.
Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Faith is not pretending that our problems do not exist. It is knowing that our problems are never greater than Yahweh.
Romans 8:28
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Not everything that happens is good, but Yahweh can use every experience to produce good in the lives of those who love Him.
Daily reminder: I may not understand what Yahweh is doing, but I will continue walking with Him.
3. PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING
Philippians 4:6–7
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
“And the peace of Elohim, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Yeshua our savior.”
Yahweh invites us to bring everything to Him. No burden is too heavy, and no concern is too small.
Prayer is more than asking Yahweh to give us what we want. It is opening our hearts to Him, seeking His will, confessing our sins, thanking Him, and listening to the guidance of His Word.
1 John 5:14
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.”
We should pray in faith, but we must also submit to Yahweh’s will. He knows what will truly benefit us and prepare us for His Kingdom.
1 Peter 5:7
“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”
Daily reminder: Before I worry, I will pray. After I pray, I will place the matter in Yahweh’s hands.
4. THINK ABOUT THE NEEDS OF OTHERS
Philippians 2:4
“Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.”
The natural human tendency is to concentrate on our own problems, needs, and desires. Yahweh teaches us to notice the burdens carried by those around us.
Thinking of others may involve offering encouragement, listening patiently, helping someone in need, forgiving an offense, or praying for someone who is suffering.
Galatians 6:2
“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Yeshua.”
Yeshua demonstrated this way of life perfectly. He did not come to be served but to serve.
Mark 10:45
“For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister.”
Serving others does not require wealth, authority, or special ability. A kind word, a sincere prayer, or a small act of compassion can lift someone who feels forgotten.
Daily reminder: I will ask Yahweh to show me someone I can encourage or help today.
5. TRUST IN YAHWEH
Proverbs 3:5–6
“Trust in Yahweh with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
“In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
Our own understanding is limited. We do not always know why something happened or where a particular road will lead. Yahweh’s wisdom, however, is perfect.
Trusting Yahweh means allowing His Word—not our feelings, fears, or human traditions—to guide our decisions.
Psalm 37:5
“Commit thy way unto Yahweh; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”
We should do what is right, make wise decisions, and then entrust the outcome to Yahweh. Trust releases us from believing that everything depends entirely upon us.
Daily reminder: I will obey what Yahweh has revealed and trust Him with what I cannot control.
6. READ AND OBEY YAHWEH’S WORD
Psalm 119:12
“Blessed art thou, O Yahweh: teach me thy statutes.”
We should not read the Bible merely to complete a daily obligation. We read because we want Yahweh to teach us how to think, live, worship, and treat other people.
Psalm 119:105
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
Yahweh’s Word gives enough light for our next step. We may not see the entire path, but Scripture shows us how to move forward faithfully.
James 1:22
“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
Knowledge alone does not transform us. We must apply what we learn. A truth that is understood but never obeyed cannot guide our lives.
Joshua 1:8
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night.”
To meditate on Yahweh’s Word means to think deeply about it and consider how it applies to our lives.
Daily reminder: I will read Yahweh’s Word, think about its meaning, and practice what it teaches.
7. GIVE THANKS TO YAHWEH
Psalm 136:1
“O give thanks unto Yahweh; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”
Thankfulness changes our focus. It does not deny our sorrow or pretend that life is easy. It reminds us that pain is not the only truth in our lives.
Even during trials, we can thank Yahweh for His mercy, His promises, His truth, His coming Kingdom, and the hope of the resurrection.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of Elohim in Yeshua our savior concerning you.”
Scripture does not say that we must be thankful for every painful event. It teaches us to remain thankful in every circumstance because Yahweh has not abandoned us.
Lamentations 3:22–23
“It is of Yahweh’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.”
“They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
Daily reminder: I will deliberately remember Yahweh’s blessings and thank Him for His enduring mercy.
A SPIRITUAL CHECKLIST FOR EACH DAY
Before the day ends, ask yourself:
- Did I wait patiently instead of forcing my own solution?
- Did I walk by faith rather than allowing appearances to control me?
- Did I bring my worries to Yahweh in prayer?
- Did I consider the needs and feelings of others?
- Did I trust Yahweh more than my own understanding?
- Did I read, consider, and obey His Word?
- Did I thank Yahweh for His goodness and mercy?
This list is not a way to earn salvation. It is a pattern of life that helps us grow in Yahweh’s character and prepare for service in His Kingdom.
Conclusion
The world gives us endless lists of things to accomplish. Yahweh gives us something greater: a way of life.
Wait patiently.
Walk by faith.
Pray about everything.
Think of others.
Trust Yahweh.
Study and obey His Word.
Give thanks continually.
Micah 6:8
“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth Yahweh require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy Elohim”
When these spiritual priorities come first, even an ordinary day becomes part of our preparation for the Kingdom of Yahweh.
No comments:
Post a Comment