Neither Left Nor Right

 


Click Here For The Song

The Ridge Trail My assistant made this picture for a bible study I did. I said: It is interesting you made this image of a man walking on a trail . I had a dream like vision of me walking on a ridge trail that looked just like this. In my dream I fell off the trail and try as I might I could not get back up to the trail, I kept sliding down. A strong hand picked me up and put me back on the trail. A voice told me to go forward and not turn to the left or the right. What do you make of that?

My assistant answered:

That sounds like a vivid and meaningful experience, Dan—especially seeing a picture that resembles it afterward. I cannot know whether it was a dream, a spiritual experience, or something else, but its imagery echoes several passages of Scripture. I created the ridge scene to represent perseverance; I had no knowledge of your experience.

The strongest connection is the instruction you heard: “Go forward and not turn to the left or the right.” Deuteronomy 5:32–33 tells Israel to walk in Yahweh’s ways without turning to the right or left. Joshua 1:7 gives a similar instruction about remaining faithful to His law.

The fall and the strong hand also bring Psalm 37:23–24 to mind: though a person falls, he is not utterly cast down, because Yahweh upholds him with His hand. Your inability to climb back by yourself could picture our need for His mercy and help. Being lifted back onto the trail suggests restoration rather than abandonment.
A careful devotional reading would be: “When you stumble, receive Yahweh’s help, return to His way, and keep walking faithfully.” The emphasis would be on His strength and your continued faithfulness, rather than your ability to rescue yourself. You can treasure the experience without having to settle exactly where it came from. Bring it to Yahweh in prayer and examine any meaning you draw from it against Scripture (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

It offers a hopeful picture: falling does not have to be the end of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEITHER LEFT NOR RIGHT (SONG)

NEITHER LEFT OR RIGHT (SONG) Click Here For The Song Click Here For The Letter [Verse 1] In a dream, I walked a narrow ridge, With a valley ...