THE GREAT COOKIE CRISIS OF THE PCG

 

COOKIE MONSTER

Philadelphia Church of God (PCG) Ministry and the Cookie Comment.


An account of a controlling cult "church"
by Dan M

Sometimes a small incident reveals why an organization feels controlling. 
For me, one of those incidents involved a few dozen cookies.

A couple of years after my wife died, I decided to take my two boys on a little vacation. The Southeastern region of the Philadelphia Church of God was holding a Fourth of July family campout, and I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to get away together.

After I signed up, the event coordinator emailed me a list of things to bring. One request was for a few dozen cookies.

I had recently lost a considerable amount of weight and had been dealing with health problems. With those concerns in mind, I suggested that cookies might not be the healthiest contribution and asked whether I could bring something else.

It seemed like a simple question about food for a family outing.

A few days later, however, I received a telephone call from my local minister, Aaron Eagle. He told me not to bring up the cookie issue again.

I was shocked. How had a question about bringing a healthier alternative become something requiring a minister’s warning?

If the event coordinator objected to my suggestion, he could have answered me directly. He could have explained the menu or simply said that cookies were what they needed. Instead, the matter traveled through the following chain:

  • The event coordinator contacted his local minister.

  • That minister contacted Craig Winters, the Southeastern regional director.

  • Craig Winters contacted Cal Culpepper, the Northeastern regional director.

  • Cal Culpepper contacted Aaron Eagle, my local minister.

  • Aaron Eagle then called me and told me not to raise the matter again.

What I experienced was the email exchange and the subsequent warning from Aaron Eagle.

By that account, two ministers and two regional directors became involved over a comment about cookies.

What troubled me was the disproportionate response. I had asked whether I could contribute something healthier. Yet the response left me feeling that even an ordinary question could become a matter of ministerial scrutiny.

I had wanted a little vacation with my boys after losing their mother. Instead, this incident became another reason I felt controlled within the PCG.

To me, it illustrated an atmosphere in which a member could be made to feel that asking a reasonable question was stepping out of line.

Today, I am grateful to be free from that atmosphere. I can make ordinary decisions about my health, my family, and what I bring to a picnic without fearing a telephone call from a minister.

A question about cookies should have been answered with a conversation—not escalated into a warning.

I am so thankful not to be a part of that cult..

Click Here For The Song

---------

The Great Cookie Crisis of the PCG.

This song is based on a TRUE STORY of how SICK and controlling the

Philadelphia Church of God (PCG) is and what the poor deceived people under their control have to endure.

Which version do you like best?

https://rumble.com/shorts/v7gcw30

Or

https://rumble.com/shorts/v7gcm6w

1 comment:

That PCG Minister Freaked Me Out (song)

What happened when a couple Philadelphia Church of God ministers came to my house. (song) Click Here For The Account [Verse 1] Two ministers...