TURN AND LIVE - A Song of Repentance

 


TURN AND LIVE (song)



A Song of Repentance

[Verse 1]
I was walking down the wrong road,
Following the ways of my own heart,
Till Your Word became a light before me,
Showing me how far I'd gone apart.

Then I heard You calling through the darkness,
"Turn around, My child, and come to Me."
Not just sorrow, not just empty words—
But a heart that's longing to be free.

[Pre-Chorus]
I won't hide, I won't defend,
I confess where I have sinned.
By Your mercy, make me new—
Yahweh, I return to You.

[Chorus]
Turn and live, turn and live,
That's the call that Yahweh gives.
Leave the old road far behind,
With a broken heart and changed mind.

Turn and live, come back home,
You don't have to walk alone.
Confess, forsake, believe, obey—
Turn to Yahweh today.
Turn and live!

[Verse 2]
David cried, "My sin is before me,"
No excuse and nowhere left to hide.
A broken and a humble heart before You
Is worth more than all our human pride.

Godly sorrow leads us to repentance,
Worldly sorrow only fears the cost.
True repentance says, "I've sinned against You—
Change my heart and lead me from what's lost."

[Pre-Chorus]
I won't hide, I won't defend,
I confess where I have sinned.
By Your mercy, make me new—
Yahweh, I return to You.

[Chorus]
Turn and live, turn and live,
That's the call that Yahweh gives.
Leave the old road far behind,
With a broken heart and changed mind.

Turn and live, come back home,
You don't have to walk alone.
Confess, forsake, believe, obey—
Turn to Yahweh today.
Turn and live!

[Verse 3]
Yeshua came proclaiming the Kingdom:
"Repent, believe the good news today."
Peter cried, "Repent and be baptized,"
Turn from sin and walk a different way.

For repentance bears the fruit of obedience,
It's more than saying, "I'm sorry" when we fall.
It's choosing Yahweh's commandments,
And giving Him our heart, our life, our all.

[Bridge]
When I stumble, I will rise.
When I wander, turn my eyes.
When I fail, confess again—
Your mercy calls me back from sin.

As far as east is from the west,
You remove what I've confessed.
My record wiped, my past forgiven—
By Your mercy I am risen!

[Breakdown]
Not just guilt...
Not just tears...
Not just sorrow...
Not just fear...

A change of heart.
A change of mind.
Leaving the old life behind.

[Final Chorus]
TURN AND LIVE! TURN AND LIVE!
That's the call that Yahweh gives!
Cast away your former ways,
Turn your heart to Him today!

TURN AND LIVE! COME BACK HOME!
You were never called to roam.
Repent, believe, arise, obey—
Walk with Yahweh every day!

[Outro]
"Repent, and turn from all your transgressions..."
"Get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit..."

"For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies..."

Therefore—

TURN... AND... LIVE.

— Ezekiel 18:30–32

TURN AND LIVE (song)




Turn And Live


No comments:

Post a Comment

WHEN EVIL DISGUISES ITSELF AS GOOD

WHEN EVIL DISGUISES ITSELF AS GOOD A Bible Study on Deception, the Beast, and Remaining Faithful to Yahweh Key passages: 2 Corinthians 11:13...