(Click Here For The Song I Made From This Study)
During bible studies we read many scriptures. Most times we don’t stop to consider the REAL meaning.
Each scripture in a bible study could be a study in itself. There are thousands of potential studies in the bible.
I woke up at 4 AM this morning thinking about this scripture that came up in my last study, (The Loving Hand of Yahweh)
I had do look into if closer…
Isaiah 49:16 “Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands”
In Isaiah 49:16, Yahweh is assuring His people that He has not forgotten them and never will.
“I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands”
To inscribe means to engrave or carve something permanently—not merely write it in ink where it could be erased.
Yahweh uses a vivid human picture: every time He looks at His hands, He sees His people. It expresses:
- Permanent remembrance: They cannot be erased from His thoughts.
- Personal love: He does not merely remember a nation; He knows the people who belong to Him.
- Faithful commitment: Although Zion felt abandoned, Yahweh had not rejected His covenant people.
- Continual attention: Their suffering, needs, and future were always before Him.
The message for us
There are times when grief, loneliness, hardship, or unanswered prayer may cause us to say with Zion:
“Yahweh has forsaken me, and my Master has forgotten me”
—Isaiah 49:14
Yahweh’s answer is: “I will not forget you.”
Our circumstances may make us feel forgotten, but feelings do not cancel Yahweh’s faithfulness. He sees what has been broken. He remembers every loss, every prayer, and every faithful act. He is still working toward restoration and preparing His people for His Kingdom.
The passage is Yahweh’s tender assurance:
“You are always before Me. … I have not abandoned you, and I have not forgotten what I intend to restore.”
IT WON’T BE LONG NOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment