WE HADN’T EVEN HELD HANDS! (song)
Cal Culpepper.
[Verse 1]
Culpepper called me in to talk,
I took a seat inside.
He asked about the second lady,
I had nothing there to hide.
“Did you sleep with her?” he asked me.
“No,” I answered plain.
He said, “Yes, you did!”
So I told him once again—
[Chorus]
We hadn’t even held hands!
We hadn’t even kissed!
How’d you build a whole romance
From a date you must have missed?
You asked me for an answer,
Then supplied one of your own.
We hadn’t even held hands—
But you said you’d always known!
[Verse 2]
I said, “We went on just a few dates,
That’s all there is to tell.”
He said, “I know you did it.”
Well, apparently quite well!
I must have missed the movie
That was playing in his head.
I came to tell what happened—
He told me what happened instead!
[Chorus]
We hadn’t even held hands!
We hadn’t even kissed!
How’d you build a whole romance
From a date you must have missed?
You asked me for an answer,
Then supplied one of your own.
We hadn’t even held hands—
But you said you’d always known!
[Bridge — spoken, dry humor]
“Did you?”
“No.”
“Yes, you did.”
“Well, why ask me?
You’ve already written the script!”
[Final Chorus]
We hadn’t even held hands!
We hadn’t even kissed!
Could you put that in your paperwork?
It’s a fairly crucial twist!
Next time you ask a question,
Let my answer have a chance.
We hadn’t even held hands—
That’s a mighty slow romance!
[Outro — spoken]
At this rate, if I’d waved goodbye…
He’d have booked the honeymoon!
WE HADN’T EVEN HELD HANDS! (song)
-------------------
If all this has happened to me, just one person.
Imagine how many other people have had their lives ruined by this evil controlling cult church.
This site has been warning of this group for over 33 years. You will find hundreds of damaged lives, broken marriages, destroyed families and even member and ex member suicides. Exit And Support Network

No comments:
Post a Comment